In today’s changing world, online classes are the most preferable option for teachers as well as students. For this, teachers have to record the online classes for the students. And for recording the classes nicely they must need the best screen capture software for teachers.
However, there is much software available in the market to record the screen for the classes. But we have described the best 4 screencasting software that teachers use.
Top 4 Screen Recorders You Use As A Teacher
These are the 4 finest screen capturing software you can use as a teacher for recording your online classes.
Now learn them one by one to understand them easily. That will make you simply choose between one of them.
Screencast-O-Matic- Best Screen Recording Software For Teachers.
Screencast-O-Matic is the top choice for teachers to capture their screens for online lectures. And also good video editing software. This software is mainly used for educational purposes for example- flipped classrooms, two-way student assessment, recording lectures, video assignments for students.
It is easily usable and the tools are so affordable for recording screens. This software is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or Chromebook devices.
How Is Screencast-O-Matic A Leading Screen Recording Software For Teachers?
To get this answer we will take a look at the features of Screencast-O-Matic. The software provides many features for the smooth recording of your online lectures. Let’s have a look at them.
- Screencast-O-Matic provides very easy video tools for creating tutorials or classes for the students. Teachers can share the videos with the students as well so that they can learn on their own. This will make your classes more efficient than usual.
- You can have video conversations with the students to know their perspectives about the class. Students can share their thoughts and ideas with you so you can modify your class according to them. This will make them understand better.
- This software can help students in making innovative projects like creating how-to videos, or any other group project.
- The recording of classes can be done at any time. You just record the lectures or can share them through links, by making content on the course. You can also make your channel on Screen-O-Matic.
- It helps to build a community between the parent/teacher relationship. Teachers can share updates or announcements on the same page to keep them all together.
Limitations Of Screencast-O-Matic
- The video editing tools are not provided for free.
- There is a time limit of 15 minutes for recording on the free version.
Pricing Of Screencast-O-Matic
Well, this has free version software for Mac, PC, or Chromebook. But if you want to buy Deluxe and Premier versions their prices are-
- Screencast-O-Matic Deluxe- $1.65 per month (billed yearly)
- Screencast-O-Matic Premiere- $4.00 per month (billed yearly)
Bandicam, A Great Screen Recorder For Teachers
If you are looking for feature-rich software for video recording. Bandicam is the best choice. It works as a learning authority for the teachers, whole school, or instructors. Not only teachers or any creator can use this for screencasting or taking screenshots of the PC screens. The quality of the recorded video is so high and holds all complex features that you don’t need any other software.
Is Bandicam A Prime Choice For Teachers?
We can only say, Bandicam is the best choice for teachers to create online lectures by discussing its features.
- You can record the whole screen without missing any portion or can save it to MP4 or AVI image files.
- It also records external video devices like webcam, Xbox, Playstation, smartphone, IPTV, etc.
- It provides you scheduled recording so that you can maintain a certain time on a weekly or daily basis.
- You can record with the computer audio and with your voice as well.
- Mouse click effects and animations are also available for better understanding.
Limitations Of Bandicam
- It can only be operated on Windows devices. Is not accessible on Mac or Linux devices.
Pricing Of Bandicam
Bandicam license for 1 PC at One Serial Key and Multiple Serial Keys is $39.99. The price varies as per the number of PCs.
Camtasia: Finest Screen Recording Software For Teachers
Camtasia is a product of Techsmith and a great tool of screencasting for teachers. You can begin with a template or record the screen for generating video lessons. Also, you can edit your recorded videos with various effects, green screens, or quizzes. Or you can share the videos with students anytime on their devices.
Is Camtasia A Supreme Lecture Recording Software?
To know this we will take a look at the offered features of Camtasia to the teachers. Some of the main features of Camtasia are-
- It allows you to record anything on your screen such as websites, Powerpoint presentations.
- The video editing feature is so simple that anyone can easily edit the video. It has a drag-and-drop video editing feature that makes adding, removing, cropping, or shifting sections in a video done easily.
- You can record the exact thing on the screen that you want. Whether it is the whole screen, certain portions, a window, or an application.
- There is a personal touch to your video as it provides videos and audio directly from the webcam.
- The software allows you to use many annotations like arrows, shapes, callouts, lower thirds, or sketch motions. So that you can highlight the prime elements in the video.
- You can save your recently used styles or configurations to use them quickly whenever you need them.
- Users can undergo many bugs and crashes while editing the videos.
- The customization of the software is limited. This is mainly designed for beginners that’s why for certain purposes it can not be customized.
- Sometimes it is difficult to move or animate the objects.
Pricing Of Camtasia
The prices of Camtasia are pretty high for the users. The company offers a discount scheme at the time of Seasonal Sales such as Black Friday. At that time you can buy it at the price of $249 for a one-time payment by using the Camtasia Coupon Code.
Snagit: Prime Screen Recorder For Online Classroom
Snagit is also a Techsmith product and powerful software for recording online classes. It allows you to capture your screen frequently, or add extra factors to your video. And easily share it with your colleagues or students. This one is the Best Image Capture Software I have ever seen and used.
Is Snagit The Best Tool For Teachers?
Snagit provides various features that make it the best screen capture software for teachers. These are as follows-
- Snagit offers a ready-made layout for making visual documents, tutorials, or training videos.
- The videos can be derived from images. Yes, you can create a quick how-to video or GIF by using screenshots.
- It offers multiple annotations to highlight the main parts of the video. Or you can generate them by yourself.
- The standard screenshots can be transformed into simplified graphics.
- You can put your most used and favorite tools in one place, so you can find them easily at any moment.
- The prices are very high for single users.
- Some tools for Snagit are so basic that they can not fulfill your needs.
- You may face crashes sometimes without any reason.
For Detail Read… Pros and Cons of Snagit
Pricing Of Snagit
There is no free version available for Snagit. You have to purchase it for $49.95.
As we have discussed above, the price of Snagit is too high for single users. For this, the company provides Snagit Coupon Code to buy this software at an affordable price.
Verdict: What Is The Best Screen Recording Software For Teachers?
In the entire article, we have explained all the terms of the screen recorder software. As per our experience, we prefer you to buy Bandicam or Camtasia software. They both are the best software to record your screens, as per the features they offer to the users. But if you want to buy any other software then read this article. This will help you in choosing which one is the best screen recording app for teaching.